Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Gayard, Leonel" <Le...@gft.com> on 2011/07/07 15:39:54 UTC

How to set the parameter repositoryUrl in goal dependency:get ?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the dependency plugin to fetch a single dependency:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/get-mojo.html#repositoryUrl

This is my command line:

mvn -X dependency:get -DrepositoryUrl=<some repo> -Dartifact=org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:get

I keep getting this error message:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginParameterException: The parameters 'repositoryUrl' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependecy-plugin:2.1:get are missing or invalid

What's a valid repo url I can use ? For example, let's say I want to download the artifact from repo1.maven.org.

Leonel

Re: How to set the parameter repositoryUrl in goal dependency:get ?

Posted by Guillaume Polet <gu...@agilebirds.com>.
I have never tried this, but as I read the message of the plugin, it says

The parameters 'repositoryUrl' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependecy-plugin:2.1:get are missing or invalid

Looks to me that the value of repositoryUrl is not defined in your case,
ie, the plugin does not perform a lookup on a system property named
repositoryUrl

I think that if you use -DrepoUrl='....', it should work.

Guillaume