Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "McShane, Matthew" <Ma...@tfn.com> on 2000/10/25 23:57:09 UTC

sending params to an xsl file using the xsl taglib

Hello all,

New to the list so I'm sorry if this has been covered (is there anywhere on
the web where i can browse older discussions???)....

My question is: Is it possible to send parameters to a stylesheet using the
<apply> tag?  I have tried the following to no avail:

<xsl:apply xml="test.xml" xsl="test.xsl -param x y" />
and
<xsl:apply xml="test.xml" xsl="test.xsl?x=y" />

I'm using Tomcat 3.1, Xalan 1.2 and the nightly build of jakarta-taglibs
from last night (Oct. 24, 2000)

thanks in advance,
matt.

Re: sending params to an xsl file using the xsl taglib

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Currently, the apply tag considers the "xsl" argument to be a pathname, and
does not try to interpret it.  Parsing parameters out of the attribute value
would not be difficult, but how does one then send the parameters on to the
stylesheet?

Craig McClanahan

--
                                    Applications to Tomcat