Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org> on 2018/02/09 21:42:21 UTC

web socket user roles

Is there any kind of trickery to get user roles from a web socket server
running in tomcat? I'm looking at javax.websocket.Session and I'm not
seeing anything other than obtaining the user principle.

Further more, aside from SSL/TLS, are there any other security related
guides that I should be aware of when using web socket connections in
tomcat?

Re: web socket user roles

Posted by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org>.
I think I answered my own question. Looks like
`ServerEndpointConfig.Configurator` is the class i want and it can be
attached to annotations of the web socket endpoint