Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by Axb <ax...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/22 22:57:05 UTC

SOUGHT 2.0 ?

As most have probably noticed, the SOUGHT rules are not being publish/
updated anymore. (you can shutdown your updates)
The reasons for this are beyond this msg.

An option was to run such a project under the Apache umbrella but it
makes it a VERY complicated process.

Thanks to Justin Mason which helped me a lot getting the bits and pieces
glued together, I've been successfully autogenerating rules for $dayjob
on a pretty regular basis.

It would be nice to be able to use this experience to replace the SOUGHT
rules for everyone BUT:

- it's too much of project for me to run on my own.

- I don't really want to be the single point of failure.

- there's need of certain bits (DNS, CDN, etc) which are either above me
or outside my interest.

- my spam data isn't enough to publish rules of "global relevance"

Question is: Can we (the SA users) get a "project" together with enough
members taking care of different tasks to ensure that the project
doesn't die when one person decides to step out?

What I "think" would be required:

- a project coordinator in charge of banging on tables and documenting
the processes (I don't want this task).

- a closed mailing list for project members.

- lots more trap data / domains

- a DNS admin with a highly available DNS system to publish the update
records.

- a packager which takes care of signing, and passing over updates to
the CDN,etc.

- a CDN system for the sa-update clients to pickup the updates

I can offer 16 cores of fat iron to handle trap/spam/ham data and to
run/babysit the rule generation process.

There's no way I can or want to handle all this on my own.

If you're interested, find you could cover one or more tasks and willing
to provide long term commitment.

This is initial "brainstorming"...

Suggestions, comments, etc on/offlist are very welcome

Axb

Re: SOUGHT 2.0 ?

Posted by "flwong99@gmail.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
hi alex

thank for reply

there is few thing can start by

1) basic requirement for trusted member

2) document process.. ( can start this)

3)  maybe setup a resource centre or  lab that centrelise data or task.
then later see how can it be automatic

4) system with admin or user level control for security purpose.

regards
wong

Re: SOUGHT 2.0 ?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
Good day Won et al,

Re: SOUGHT 2.0 ?

Posted by "flwong99@gmail.com" <fl...@gmail.com>.
hi

i understand and agreed with you too,

it will be wasted your effort too if stop SOUGHT rules,  i dont want it
sought rule be come like
Rules Emporium.