Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch> on 2007/07/18 15:57:35 UTC

Tiles plugin and no contentType

Hello.

I'm working on a new web application using
Struts2/Tiles2/Spring/Hibernate3 and tomcat5.5.23
and I'm now facing a problem that after a web search seams
to be Tiles related.

I'm talking about the issue https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1724
on Tiles that don't include the ContenType in the generated page.

I'm using the binary distribution of Struts 2.0.8 with the
Tiles plugin (2.0.3) that comes with Struts2 (I had to add
by hand tiles-jsp-2.0.3.jar that is missing in the S2 distribution).

Also I had to change web.xml to include:
     <filter>
         <filter-name>contextCleanup</filter-name>
         <filter-class>
             org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp
         </filter-class>
     </filter>
as I was having wierd problems and the above solved them.

If I telnet to the tomcat server on port 8080 I don't get the
contentType header for the tiles pages.

I thought the problem was solved, but maybe not in tiles 2.0.3
but instead in tiles 2.0.4?

Any hints?

Thank you.

--
Roberto Nunnari

Re: Tiles plugin and no contentType

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Thank you Antonio.

--
Roberto Nunnari
Servizi Informatici SUPSI-DTI

Re: Tiles plugin and no contentType

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/7/18, Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>:

> Are you going to create a new jira issue or reopen an old one so
> that I can watch it?

The old one, WW-1724, is still open, due to a non-completion of the task:
so you can watch it :-)

Antonio

Re: Tiles plugin and no contentType

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2007/7/18, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> 2007/7/18, Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>:
>> >
>> > If I telnet to the tomcat server on port 8080 I don't get the
>> > contentType header for the tiles pages.
>>

>>  Strange... Using the showcase in trunk of Struts 2 it works correctly.
>> I will try to check it in Struts 2.0.8 ASAP.
>>

> It seems that you are right. I check the Struts 2 showcase and the Tiles
> test responded without a content type! It needs further investigation....
>
> Antonio

Thank you Antonio.

Are you going to create a new jira issue or reopen an old one so
that I can watch it?

--
Robi

Re: Tiles plugin and no contentType

Posted by Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>.
Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2007/7/18, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:

>> >  Strange... Using the showcase in trunk of Struts 2 it works correctly.
>> > I will try to check it in Struts 2.0.8 ASAP.
>> >

>> It seems that you are right. I check the Struts 2 showcase and the Tiles
>> test responded without a content type! It needs further investigation....
>>

> This is definitely my fault, I forgot to merge from the trunk to the
> 2.0branch!
> Now I committed the change, so it will appear in Struts 2.0.9.
>
> Thanks a lot Roberto :-)

Thanks to you, Antonio.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/7/18, Roberto Nunnari <ro...@supsi.ch>:

> If I telnet to the tomcat server on port 8080 I don't get the
> contentType header for the tiles pages.

 Strange... Using the showcase in trunk of Struts 2 it works correctly.
I will try to check it in Struts 2.0.8 ASAP.

I thought the problem was solved, but maybe not in tiles 2.0.3
> but instead in tiles 2.0.4?

It was resolved in Tiles 2.0.1.

Antonio

Re: tree view in struts

Posted by Session A Mwamufiya <sm...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
Hi Laurie,

Thanks for the link.  I tried to follow the instructions there, but I can't get it to work:
- I created the same exact TreeModel class, and added the getters and setters
- I set up my action with a tree element, and I have a function that populates that element with data and some children nodes.
- I copied to my jsp the exact same code for the tree

My page remains blank when I run the code.  Would you know of any useful tutorials for this?  Just something really straight forward that doesn't hide all the stuff that you may need to know to get it to work.

Thanks,
Session

Re: tree view in struts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.