Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Jesse van Bekkum <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 11:34:15 UTC

7.1 -> 1.0 upgrade document

Hi

Is there a document available that describes the upgrade to version 1.0 of
syncope? I couldn't find anything yet.

Regards

Jesse van Bekkum

Re: 7.1 -> 1.0 upgrade document

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 11/09/2012 10:19, Jesse van Bekkum wrote:
> I believe you have also moved from hibernate to openJPA somewhere
> between 0.7.1 and 1.0, although this is not entirely clear from the
> release notes.

Yep: it actually happened *before* moving to the ASF [1]; any
modification made after 0.7.1 and before 1.0.0-RC1-incubating fall in
this "grey area".

> Do you know what the impact will be if there already is an existing
> set of people in the identity store? Do you have any suggestions on
> how to migrate them?

Well, having in mind that this is a manual process to be handled with
great care, I would:

1. "study" how tables look like in a fresh project generated from latest
stable archetype (1.0.1-incubating ATM)
2. migrate your identity store via an external SQL-based procedure

Keep also in mind that this is an iterative rather than one-shot process.

Regards.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/syncope/issues/detail?id=238

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò