Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/14 22:04:58 UTC

New jars

I just built the source I pulled from apache, and it generated different jars.

Do we have some documentation on what each of these are?

Also, it looks like the jars still contains files under the
net.sourceforge namespace.  Is this just for backwards compatibility?

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org

RE: New jars

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Hi Heath,

> I just built the source I pulled from apache, and it
> generated different jars.

in $MYFACES_HOME/doc there is
release-notes.txt. That is where
*changes* are documented.

it contains:
* refactor the jar files :
  - myfaces-jsf-api.jar contains the api classes (no change)
  - myfaces-impl.jar contains the standard jsf implementation
  - myfaces-extensions.jar contains the myfaces extensions
  - myfaces.jar containes all the myfaces code, and can be used in place
of the 3 above

> Do we have some documentation on what each of these are?
>
> Also, it looks like the jars still contains files under the
> net.sourceforge namespace.  Is this just for backwards compatibility?

Do you mean the tlds ? there are still
some with