Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/08/02 23:59:05 UTC

Re: Implementing lookups while importing data

: We have a database that has numeric values for some columns, which
: correspond to text values in drop-downs on a website. We need to
: index both the numeric and text equivalents into Solr, and can do
: that via a lookup on a different table from the one holding the
: main data. We are currently doing this via a JOIN on the numeric
: field, between the main data table and the lookup table, but this
: dramatically slows down indexing.
:
: We could try using the CachedSqlEntity processor, but there are
: some issues in doing that, as the data import handler is quite
: complicated.

wha you are describing is pretty much the exact use case of the
CachedSqlEntity (as i understand it) so perhaps you should elaborate on
what issues you had.

showing your DIH config is the best way ot get assistance.

-Hoss