Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Burke Penny L CONT NPRI <Bu...@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil> on 2002/08/05 19:27:14 UTC

Configuration problems w/IIS & Tomcat

Hi,
We are attempting to use IIS 5.0 (Windows 2k) with Tomcat 4.

The Tomcat examples are served correctly when accessed from localhost:8080/examples. But when we try to run the same examples from localhost/examples, IIS crashes with the following message "Inetinfo.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". Looking in the IIS log, the last line is
"GET /jakarta/isapi_redirector.dll 401"

Our setup:
To set up the configuration, we used the guide provided by http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm

J2SE and J2EE are installed and the respective Environment variables have been set up. IIS 5 is installed and serves pages correctly from port 80. Tomcat 4 (production version) is installed (port 8080) and the CATALINA_HOME variable is set up. As stated above, tomcat serves the JSP/servlet pages just fine when the pages are accessed via 8080.

The workers.properties file points to the correct paths for both Tomcat and the JDK home directories in our directory structure.

The registry keys as displayed w/Regedit are correct as well. (Registry keys were created via an edited copy of the isapi.redirector.reg file provided by the www.getnet.net site.)

The uriworkermap.properties file is the same one (unedited) provided by www.getnet.net site.

In IIS, the jakarta virtual directory has "Scripts and Executables" permission and it has "anonymous access" enabled. The Jakarta Redirector ISAPI filter has a green arrow.

TOMCAT LOG INFO:
Initially, the iis_redirector.log file was empty. So we changed the log_level key from "emerg" to "debug". From the entries now appearing in the log, it appears that the Redirector filter is functioning. I didn't include the actual log entries here because this message was long enough already! However, I can send them along if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Penny Burke
BAE SYSTEMS