Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Orford, Jeffrey" <je...@gs.com> on 2002/10/01 21:23:46 UTC

dynamic page length

I'm using fop to dynamically generate a report with some number of rows.
The width of these rows (top to bottom of the row that is) varies widely.
My users would like to have an entire row show up on the next page if it is
not going to entirely fit on the current page.  I am really not sure how to
do this, has anyone successfully done this??

Thanks for any help.
Jeff Orford

Jeffrey Orford
Goldman Sachs Information Technology
(212)357-1306
Jeffrey.Orford@gs.com

"Plans are nothing; Planning is everything"  -Eisenhower

Re: dynamic page length

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Orford, Jeffrey wrote:
> I'm using fop to dynamically generate a report with some number of rows.
> The width of these rows (top to bottom of the row that is) varies widely.
> My users would like to have an entire row show up on the next page if it is
> not going to entirely fit on the current page.  I am really not sure how to
> do this, has anyone successfully done this??
This kind of constraints in xsl-fo is called keep conditions, see the
semantics at http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice4.html#keepbreak. What you
need is just keep-together property to be placed on a table row:
<fo:table-row keep-together="always">

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: dynamic page length

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Orford, Jeffrey wrote:
> I'm using fop to dynamically generate a report with some number of rows.
> The width of these rows (top to bottom of the row that is) varies widely.
> My users would like to have an entire row show up on the next page if it is
> not going to entirely fit on the current page.  I am really not sure how to
> do this, has anyone successfully done this??

Try adding keep-together="always" to this rows. Test thoroughly,
this may throw FOP into non-terminating loops.

J.Pietschmann