Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/11 14:13:04 UTC

XML not coming through from nabble to Gmail

All:

Lately I've been seeing a lot of posts where people paste in parts of their
schema.xml or solrconfig.xml and the results are...er...disappointing. None
of the less-than or greater-than symbols show and the formatting is all over
the map.

Since some mails would come through with the XML formatted and some would be
wonky, at first I thought it was the sender, but then a pretty high
percentage came through this way. So I poked around and it seems to only be
the case that the XML is "wonkified" (tm) when it's comes to Gmail from
nabble, the original post on nabble has the markup and displays fine.
Behavior is the same in Chrome and Firefox BTW.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Time to complain to the nabble
folks? Do others see this with non-Gmail relays?

Thanks,
Erick

Re: XML not coming through from nabble to Gmail

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: Here's the nabble URL:
:
: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Strip-spaces-and-new-line-characters-from-data-tp2795453p2795453.html
:
: The message in the Solr list is from alexei on 8-April. "Strip spaces and
: newline characters from data".

And the raw message as recieved by apache...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201104.mbox/raw/%3C1302272763508-2795453.post@n3.nabble.com%3E

...no XML.

So whatever the problem is it's the mail client (ie: nabble)

-Hoss

RE: XML not coming through from nabble to Gmail

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
I've asked on Nabble if they know of a fix for the problem:

Steve

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Chris:

Posted by Michael Sokolov <so...@ifactory.com>.
I see the same problem (missing markup) in Thunderbird. Seems like
Nabble might be the culprit?

-Mike