Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2001/05/13 14:21:54 UTC

CVS rename?

Can someone who knows tell me how to "correctly" rename the memory files in
CVS?

That's why I haven't done it yet... :)

david

Re: CVS rename?

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 01:21:54PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Can someone who knows tell me how to "correctly" rename the memory files in
> CVS?
>
> That's why I haven't done it yet... :)

We haven't done a release yet and we don't need the history of the files in
their old locations. Just go into /home/cvs/... on dev.apache.org and 'mv'
the files.

Special precautions are only needed if we want to preserve history (in the
old location) and/or we have tagged the files under their old names.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/