Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/10/01 14:56:35 UTC

[FALCON] ASDoc alternative - link for rendered apache flex 4.8 docs (pre-alpha)

Hi,

Since I'm more into hobby these days, I just wanted to show you all
what is exactly getting produced from this "project" I have been
speaking about.

The link below shows you what was just produced from the following
compiler args passed into Eclipse Run for the documentor project.

-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/charts/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/framework/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/mobilecomponents/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/mobiletheme/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/mx/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/spark/src"
-sp
"C:/Users/Graphix/Desktop/flex/sdk/tags/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0/frameworks/projects/sparkskins/src"

-library-path "C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder
4.6/sdks/4.6.0/frameworks/libs/player/11.1/playerglobal.swc"

-doc-namespace public
-doc-member variable accessor method constant event style effect
skinpart skinstate
-main-title "Apache Flex Language Reference"
-footer "Apache Flex - JASDoc documentation"

The above parse and render took about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.

To see the HTML produced; [0]

Mind you there is still so much to be done, more options to implement
but, I like what I am getting so far.

Mike

- [0] http://www.teotigraphix.org/apache-flex-4.8/index.html

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: [FALCON] ASDoc alternative - link for rendered apache flex 4.8 docs (pre-alpha)

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Thanks Roland, I think we might have talked about documentation with
each other before... :)

Yeah, if you understand what is going on, there is almost a limitless
possibility for things that can be created with the new compiler
framework.

This same insane capability really is what will drive me to support
cross compilation. Finally abstracting ActionScript from the
FlashPlayer. If this initiative can get going eventually, I will put
my heart and soul into it and all the experience I have acquired.

I would love to use ActionScript for mobile in a way that has nothing
to do with AIR...

I hope this to be the asdoc killer as well. It's funny, just last week
I wanted to see the output XML (dita). I spent 10 minutes trying to
get the damn thing to work. But my projects had mobile connections,
other libraries. It was a nightmare.

Mike

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.
Mike,