Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com> on 2009/07/24 03:26:18 UTC

Java Class

Hi All,

I have created a new component, it has a form widget, with FirstName,
LastName and Submit Button.

the target of my form is processFirstForm and method is post.

I am able to see the firstname, lastname, submit button but when I fill up
the form and click submit it goes to my desired new screen - OneFormScreen
but its blank.

I have added java handler in controller.xml

My Screen is
<screen name="OneFormScreen">
<section>
<widgets>
<decorator-screen name="xhtml-decorator">
<decorator-section name="body">
<label text="A Screen with just 1 form."/>
<include-form name="FirstForm"
location="component://calculator/widget/calculator/calcForms.xml"/>
<section>
<condition><not><if-empty field-name="parameters.submit"/></not></condition>
<widgets>
<container><label text="firstName: ${parameters.firstName}"/>
</container>
<container><label text="lastName: ${parameters.lastName}"/>
</container>
<container><label text="combined: ${parameters.combined}"/>
</container>
<container><label text="All the parameters we received:"/>
</container>
</widgets>
</section>
</decorator-section>
</decorator-screen>
</widgets>
</section>
</screen>

controller.xml has
<request-map uri="processFirstForm">
<event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.calculator.calculator.calculatorEvents"
invoke="processFirstForm"/>
<response name="success" type="view" value="OneFormScreen"/>
</request-map>

<view-map name="OneFormScreen" type="screen"
page="component://calculator/widget/calculator/calcScreens.xml#OneFormScreen"/>
My Java class is

public class calculatorEvents {
public static String processFirstForm(HttpServletRequest
request,HttpServletResponse response){
String firstName = request.getParameter("firstName");
String lastName = request.getParameter("lastName");
request.setAttribute("combined", firstName + " " + lastName);
request.setAttribute("allParams", UtilHttp.getParameterMap(request));
request.setAttribute("submit", "Submitted");
return "success";
}

}

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Chirag,

I tried removing (<event type="java"
path="org.ofbiz.calculator.calculator.calculatorEvents"
invoke="processFirstForm"/> ) from controller.xml and
(<condition><not><if-empty
field-name="parameters.submit"/></not></condition>) from calcScreens.xml, it
goes to my desired uri - processFirstForm passing firstname and lastname but
since other attributes are declared in Java class its not showing.

So I think the issue is somewhere in <event> but not sure where and how to
find and resolve that.

Thanks.

Re: Java Class

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

RE: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Charles,

RE: Java Class

Posted by SELC Sales Div <se...@bdg.centrin.net.id>.
Hi Shuchi,

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Awdesh,

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
I think I am able to print the error and it says

**********************************
The Following Errors Occurred:

Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Error
invoking event, the class org.ofbiz.calculator.calculator.calculatorEvents
was not found

**********************************
 I have the class calculatorEvents  in calculatorEvents.java which resides
in component - calculator > src > org > ofbiz > calculator > calculator  >
calculatorEvents.java

my calculatorEvents.java is

**********************************
package org.ofbiz.calculator.calculator;

import org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilHttp;

Re: Java Class

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
couple of things to check is that you have the calculator/lib and there
is a Jar in there that has your compile calculator.class.
that the ofbiz-component.xml has path to calculator/lib

su2 sent the following on 7/24/2009 1:21 PM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation

Re: Java Class

Posted by Awdesh Parihar <aw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Chirag,

I am getting blank screen

Thanks.

Re: Java Class

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Adwesh,

Re: Java Class

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Hi Awdesh,

The URI for my OneFormScreen is processFirstForm. Once I submit the form it
does go to the processFirstForm uri but screen is blank.

Thanks.

Re: Java Class

Re: Java Class

Posted by su2 <sh...@pexsupply.com>.
Yes, I do

Following is my xhtml-decorator
<screen name="xhtml-decorator">
		<section>
			<widgets>
				<include-screen name="header"/>
				<decorator-section-include name="body"/>
				<include-screen name="footer"/>
			</widgets>
		</section>
	</screen>