Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ma...@fiduciagad.de on 2019/04/10 04:38:23 UTC

Stretched Cluster throw 2 Data Centers and Client Configuration

Hi!

we think about a stretched hadoop cluster through 2 datacenters which have
a distance of 10 kilometers and a 10 Gbit network connection. Does anybody
have experience in building a stretched cluster ? Does using a seperate
virtual lan for the hadoop
communication really work ?

On the other hand when we  build two clusters one as active and the other
as  standby and replicating the data asynchronly we have to find the best
solution for client configuration. Docker Containers accessing hadoop
doesn't have an ambari client and so they won't get the
configuration. So making the standby cluster active the Containers have to
change their configs to know the new URLs to the hadoop components.  What
is the best way to deal with ?

Best Regards

MARKUS

Fiducia & GAD IT AG | www.fiduciagad.de
AG Frankfurt a. M. HRB 102381 | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt a. M. |
USt-IdNr. DE 143582320
Vorstand: Klaus-Peter Bruns (Vorsitzender), Jens-Olaf Bartels,
Martin Beyer, Birgit Frohnhoff, Carsten Pfläging, Jörg Staff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Brinkmann