Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Rafael Capucho <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/12 02:42:35 UTC

(Unknown)

Hello!,

I'm using the follow marathon script [1] to launch cassandra non-seeds
nodes, it is working properly.

[1] - http://hastebin.com/visujikela.lua

As you can see in the script, I'm limiting CPU and Memory.

But some nodes of my cluster is not that big, even because the cluster
isn't big yet. As we know, cassandra generally uses a lot of memory as
cache etc..

1) I would like to know if Mesos will kill (and keep killing) Cassandra
process if it reach the memory limit? if Yes, how can I block Mesos from
kill it?

2) If I have one server with 4gb memory where I deployed Mesos Slave, and I
create a container (by using marathon) with mem=1024 (for example) the
processing within that container, when they ask about the memory available,
they will receive 4gb or 1gb?

Thank you!

--
Rafael Capucho

Bachelor of Computer Science
Federal University of São Paulo
Institute of Science and Technology - ICT

PGP-Public Key: 2048R/7389A96F pgp.mit.edu
FP: EDB5 CDEE 8442 99CC C92D 9173 6B32 A5C9 7389 A96F

Re:

Posted by Brenden Matthews <br...@diddyinc.com>.
I can assure you it's much closer to being "production ready" than running
C* on Marathon.

Re:

Posted by Rafael Capucho <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello @Brender and @Rad,