Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by David Marko <dm...@tiscali.cz> on 2007/11/12 15:45:56 UTC

Cayenne 3.0M2 and log4j

Can someone help with Cayenne 3M2 and log4j? When having commons-logging and
log4j libraries available and running ... it claims as below and no INFO logs
appears on console.

---
(org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration).
---

When removing log4j library, INFo logging is working but ... I need log4j as
dependency for another library. How to resolve this problem? With Caynenne 2.0.4
it works correctly under the same situation.

David

Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 and log4j

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Cayenne used to setup basic Log4J configuration if it wasn't setup by
the user. Now it assumes that it is not the only framework in the
application that relies on shared logging service, so it does not
attempt to configure anything. So you may need to setup Log4J
yourself on app startup, e.g. via Log4J BasicConfigurator or
PropertyConfigurator.

Andrus