Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com> on 2013/11/07 11:20:32 UTC

Re-Usable Panel with RefreshingView

Hi all,
I would like to implement a reusable panel, containing a refreshing view.

The goal is to delegate the polulateItem(Item<T> item) of the refreshing
view to the outer client, e.g. the page which uses my panel.
(I force overriding using abstract method).

So far so good.

My problem now is:
My inner refreshing view must provide a webmarkup container, I must use
to add my custom components from outside (populateItem(item){
item.add(myCUstomComponent) }).

Quite ok... but I need to know the inner id in the outer client (kind of
LazyLoadingPanel), but I dont want having it in this way, providing my
inner id to the outer "world".

What kind of Repeating/RefreshingView should I use?

I think, I need some sort of mixed Repeating&RefreshignView feature.

RepeatingView works with newChildId(), and can have outer markup (hope I
understood right),but is not very refreshing.
RefreshingView works in a refreshing way, but must hold its own markup.

Can anyone give some inspiration and help for my reusable panel?

kind regards
Patrick