Posted to user@uima.apache.org by ashkan taassob <as...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/06 10:43:37 UTC

JDBC

Hello,
I have a question. In order to use database output in UIMA, can we give adressĀ“s database accsses (JDBC) in UIMA. for example, I want to give an adress in class "TutorialDataTime.jav" instead of this constants in line " static final String shortMonthNames = "(Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec)"; " the output from a database access. how can I do it?
thanks a lot for your helps,
sincerely yours,
Ashkan Taassob

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: JDBC

Posted by "Chavan, Girish" <ch...@upmc.edu>.
You can pass database connection parameters using the configuration parameters for your TAE. You can then read them in the initialize method using the UIMAContext variable.

	String driver = (String) uimaContext.getConfigParameterValue(IFConstants.PARAM_DB_DRIVER);
	String url = (String) uimaContext.getConfigParameterValue(IFConstants.IF_PARAM_DB_URL);
	String userName = (String) uimaContext.getConfigParameterValue(IFConstants.PARAM_DB_USERNAME);
	String password = (String) uimaContext.getConfigParameterValue(IFConstants.PARAM_DB_PASSWORD);

	Class.forName(driver).newInstance();
	Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, userName, password);

After this, you can initialize any of your variables with the output of a database query. I hope that answers your question.

-Girish