Posted to dev@batchee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 07:39:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating Release

The Apache BatchEE and Incubator teams are pleased to announce the release
of Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating.

The release passes the JBatch 1.0 TCK test 1.1-b03.

Sources are available on Apache download area (
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/batchee) accessible through
BatchEE site menu and binaries are on central.

Release Notes - BatchEE - Version 0.4-incubating

** Bug
    * [BATCHEE-38] - readOnly mode is broken on a few containers
    * [BATCHEE-54] - After retry-with-rollback, 1-at-a-time processing
continues for the rest of the step.   Numerous areas where
ChunkStepController's sequence of calls is out-of-synch with spec.
    * [BATCHEE-68] - update plugins and dependencies to latest versions
    * [BATCHEE-73] - stochastic tck test-failure in
JobOperatorTests.testJobOperatorAbandonJobDuringARestart
    * [BATCHEE-88] - rollback fails if the connection already got closed by
the container
    * [BATCHEE-89] - replace geronimo-tx-components with just the tx api
    * [BATCHEE-95] - stop partitioned batches throws exception for already
completed executions
    * [BATCHEE-96] - StepExecutionEntity and JobExecutionEntity violate the
JPA2.0 Spec
    * [BATCHEE-97] - JPQL Error in JobInstanceEntity
    * [BATCHEE-106] - batchee cli script not working on cygwin
    * [BATCHEE-107] - JobOperator#getJobNames() is slow if many Batches
exist

** Improvement
    * [BATCHEE-98] - try to find batches not executed in embedded mode for
BatchEE servlet
    * [BATCHEE-99] - add batch Metrics to simplerest
    * [BATCHEE-100] - Add README.md from info available on offical site
    * [BATCHEE-109] - Remove SecurityService
    * [BATCHEE-111] - upgrade batchee to tomee 7

** New Feature
    * [BATCHEE-94] - provide EE JPA provider implementations

Regards,
Romain

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating Release

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
oops, we have 2 todos for next one:

1. enhance the download page (just added a quick link for this one but
think there is a way to get a more standard one)
2. write a release guide probably with templates

Think it matches 2 ;)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Hah GOTCHA - did we just watch a new subscriber to our cool project? :D

Stian, not for long and you’ll be stuck here :)

JBatch is a really powerful spec (and BatchEE a cool impl of it of course). Did you just discover it or do you already use BatchEE somewhere?

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.