Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Mehmet Baris KARAKAYA <mb...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/24 16:43:20 UTC

embedding pluto to portal

Hi,

I'm newly registered developer mailing list because of the fact that
we are developing a portal application but there is no portlet
container for developing portlets in our portal. I have searched long
time and finally investigated pluto.

Although, I have downloaded the pluto and installed it for examining
the architecture, I couldn't fully understand how I integrate pluto to
our portals for portlet development.
I have also read the article "Integrating pluto into your portal" in
http://portals.apache.org/pluto/developer/integrate.html URL but
actually this gives me an architectural understanding of pluto but
does not give how to integrate.
Mr. Hepper may help how to integrate pluto to third party
applications. Also I have read Mr. Hepper's articles about IBM
Websphere portal and as a portlet developer I want to ask Mr Hepper
how to migrate our portlet applications which are developed and tested
in IBM Websphere portal to pluto container.

I have searched developer mailing list and couldn't find explicit
answer but David H. DeWolf suggests examining the portals which embed
pluto as a container.

If I can successfully integrate pluto to our portal applications, I'm
planning to share my developed portlets as instant portlets for pluto
users in future.

warm regards

--barisk