Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/01/02 08:21:52 UTC

Human resource entities not used in OFBiz or OpenTaps?

I see the human resource entities (eg. PayGrade, Employment, etc), but I don't see any
OFBiz/OpenTaps codes using it (searched with wide `grep').

Am I right to say that OFBiz/OpenTaps does not use the human resource entities (in folder
application/humanres)? Those entities are simply there for us to build an application (say payroll
or general human resource apps) on?

Jonathon

Re: Human resource entities not used in OFBiz or OpenTaps?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Jonathon,

That is pretty much correct. These were created as part of the
initial data model effort way back in 2001 and have been refined a
little over time, but the real development in the Human Resources
component really hasn't begun yet.

It would be GREAT to get this going... if you (or anyone!) is
interested, please let me know and we can start hashing out some high
level tasks.

-David

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jonathon ,

I don't know much about human ressources in OFBiz but AFAIK it's not used.

On the other hand you may have a look at the Opentaps CRM/SFA module about this point

Jacques