Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org> on 2003/10/21 23:31:12 UTC

minimum advance notice for "review of activity"?

Under
<http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Review+of+Activity>,
we state:

"The Incubator PMC SHALL inform Podlings of review dates at least 4 weeks
in advance."

and that

"At least one week prior to each review, the Mentor MUST produce a report
for the Incubator PMC detailing overall progress [...]"

Is it safe to assume that this time frame may be shortened based upon a
mutual agreement of the incubating project and the Incubator PMC?

Otherwise all review actions take at least a month, which depending upon
the reason for continuation, may be an inordinate amount of time.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

Re: minimum advance notice for "review of activity"?

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> Under
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/incubator-draft-new-site/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Review+of+Activity>,
> we state:
>
> "The Incubator PMC SHALL inform Podlings of review dates at least 4 weeks
> in advance."
>
> and that
>
> "At least one week prior to each review, the Mentor MUST produce a report
> for the Incubator PMC detailing overall progress [...]"
>
> Is it safe to assume that this time frame may be shortened based upon a
> mutual agreement of the incubating project and the Incubator PMC?
>
> Otherwise all review actions take at least a month, which depending upon
> the reason for continuation, may be an inordinate amount of time.

Yes, I think you are correct.

The intent of the above was about creating some minimum reporting
requirements.  I think it might be worth adding something in there about
"Podlings/Mentors MAY also request a review of activity or issues at any
other time".  (Better worded, but it's dinner time and I'm in a hurry :>.)

Cheers,
	Berin