Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Yoann Pannier <yo...@fluxus.net> on 2001/02/20 15:20:19 UTC

installing soap 2.1 on tomcat 4.0-b1

hi,

did someone successfully installed soap 2.1 on top of tomcat 4.0-b1 ?

i think i tried everything i could imagine, except modifying some source code (RPCRouterServlet ?) and i really don't like the idea
of going back to tomcat 3.2.1. so, anybody ?

RE: installing soap 2.1 on tomcat 4.0-b1

Posted by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com>.
I ran into a problem with class linking. Jasper complained about linkage
errors between SOAP admin servlets and the HttpServlet class. I eliminated
the possibility that a wrong servlet.jar is used (I put
CATALINA_HOME\bin\servlet.jar to be the first thing in the classpath and I
didn't find other instances of the same jar file), but the problem didn't go
away.
So basically I couldn't run Soap 2.1 on top of tomcat 4.0-b1 and I switched
back to tomcat 3.2.1.
Alex