Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by narges shahmandi <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/13 18:04:06 UTC

SVN

I am a new user in Allura.
I've installed Allura on one of the server of my company, and then create a project on it.
For this project a SVN has been created, now I don't know how to access this svn via browser.
I can see the page of allura via the IP address of the server, now for the SVN I tried to access
https://Server-IP:8022/scm-repo/p/ProjectName/svnName

But it doesn't work, also I tried the other links ways, none of them working.
I also tried to modified theh apache2 files, based on the ubuntu website, but still nothing.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Re: SVN

Posted by Dave Brondsema <db...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Hello.  Have you used our Vagrant quick start or used INSTALL file to set
up Allura?  In those cases, SVN is not set up running as a service.  It is
in a very a simple mode (which is easiest for beginning & development) and
SVN files are just in a directory.  You can still do a checkout and push
code, but only from that local machine.

To set it up for "real" usage by other developers on their own machines,
you'll have to get SVN up and running alongside Allura.  Unfortunately our
documentation doesn't cover this very well.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.html is the official
documentation from Subversion.   Also take a look at this whole thread
about configuring SVN to use the Allura directory structure
http://s.apache.org/YLZ

Lastly, http://allura.sourceforge.net/docs/scm_host.html does cover how to
integrate SVN authentication with Allura (using ldap) and another option is
at https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6701/ which is probably going
to be simpler.

I hope that helps

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM, narges shahmandi <sh...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I am a new user in Allura.
> I've installed Allura on one of the server of my company, and then create
> a project on it.
> For this project a SVN has been created, now I don't know how to access
> this svn via browser.
> I can see the page of allura via the IP address of the server, now for the
> SVN I tried to access
> https://Server-IP:8022/scm-repo/p/ProjectName/svnName
>

> But it doesn't work, also I tried the other links ways, none of them
> working.
> I also tried to modified theh apache2 files, based on the ubuntu website,
> but still nothing.
>
> Please help me.

Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sourceforge.net
Dice Holdings, Inc.