Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Patrick <ro...@oracle.com> on 2013/09/20 06:44:01 UTC

Passing config parameters to a plugin goal on the command line

Hi,

We have a Maven plugin that previously was using the Maven Javadoc-style annotations.  When we wanted to test out something quick and dirty, we were able to invoke the plugin goals from the command-line and pass in the configuration parameters using -Dparam=value like this:

mvn com.oracle.foo:foo-maven-plugin:1.0:mygoal -Darg1=abc -Darg2=def

in place of writing a POM and specifying the parameters in the configuration section of the plugin declaration.

We recently updated the plug-in code to using Maven Java 5-style annotations and have specified in the @Mojo(., requiresProject=false).  I just discovered that using the -Dparam=value command-line args to pass in the plugin configuration parameters no longer works.  Any thoughts on why this behavior has changed and/or how to pass configuration parameters on the command-line with a plug-in that is written with the Maven Java 5 annotations?

Thanks,
Robert

--

Robert Patrick <HYPERLINK "mailto:robert.patrick@oracle.com"robert.patrick@oracle.com>

VP, FMW Architects Team: The A-Team

Oracle Corporation                                Office: +1.940.725.0011

1148 Triple Crown Court                                 Fax: +1.940.725.0012

Bartonville, TX 76226, USA                    Mobile: +1.469.556.9450

A-Team Chronicles Blog: http://www.ateam-oracle.com/

HYPERLINK "http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server-Patrick/dp/0470484306/"Professional Oracle WebLogic Server

by Robert Patrick, Gregory Nyberg, and Philip Aston

with Josh Bregman and Paul Done

Book Home Page: HYPERLINK "http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server.productCd-0470484306.html"http://www.wrox.com/

Kindle Version: HYPERLINK "http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server-ebook/dp/B004HD69J2/"http://www.amazon.com/

Re: Passing config parameters to a plugin goal on the command line

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
As you found out and explained on the dev list, it does work if you apply
the correct annotation parameters in your plugin code.

/Anders