Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2005/04/26 00:58:10 UTC

Tomcat Deployed Applications

Under Tomcat 4.1.27 and 4.1.30, if I deploy an application via a .WAR
file to the server (via ANT and the manager) Tomcat knows about my
deployed application.  IF the server restarts for some reason, Tomcat
*still* know about the deployed application.

However, I've noticed that if I deploy the *same* .WAR file to Tomcat
5.0.28, 5.0.30 or 5.5.9; Tomcat deploys properly, but loses all
knowledge of the deployed application should Tomcat be restarted.  I've
discovered that I can invoke the manager application to "reload" the
deployed application...  But that is a pain if Tomcat is restarted
multiple times in a row (we had a storm and lost power 4 times today.)

I have my context for the web application set to reload - but TC 5x
doesn't appear to be reloading correctly.  Am I missing something?

Bob

Re: Tomcat Deployed Applications

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
deployOnStartup