Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/10 16:18:06 UTC

Re: G specific annotations for 2.0, XDoclet or 175?

Wouldn't Geronimo specific annotations lead to porting problems? Having
developers to edit and recompile source files inside App Server independent
Java EE archives, whenever they want to port their apps from one App server
to another, would be cumbersome. Isn't it?

Rather than coming up with Geronimo specific annotations, why not put the
same effort in automating the generation of Geronimo specific deployment
plans. This could be achieved by scanning the corresponding Java-EE
plans/annotations and then running the user through a Wizard where he can
specify the missing data. I will start a separate thread on this.

Others please comment. Finalizing on this would help us to concentrate on
developing the required features in Geronimo Eclipse plug-in.

--
Thx,
Shiva