Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lars Marius Garshol <la...@ontopia.net> on 2006/02/28 21:41:37 UTC

How to return XML from a web service?

I've been able to get simple web services deployed as .jws and to
access them from a Python client. This works fine.

However, I really need to return XML rather than simple values, and
this is where things get tricky. I've been browsing around the
documentation, wiki, and samples, without really finding anything
that seems to point in the right direction.

Note that I do not want to build an object structure on the server
and then serialize it to XML. I really want to produce XML directly,
then return it.

Any pointers are welcome.

--
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian               http://www.ontopia.net
+47 98 21 55 50                             http://www.garshol.priv.no

Re: How to return XML from a web service?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Use the Messaging API and deploy your service using WSDD rather than jws.

Anne