Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kurt Buff <KB...@zetron.com> on 2004/10/26 01:43:14 UTC

gtube?

I've been setting up my new box, and wanted to run some tests through it to
verify functionality.

I ran a bare email through it, with just the text of the GTUBE string in it,
and it doesn't seem to trip the system at all. I note in 20_body_tests.cf
the following:

body GTUBE              /"elided, to keep everyone's email from going
bonkers..."/
describe GTUBE          Generic Test for Unsolicited Bulk Email
tflags GTUBE            userconf noautolearn

But I don't see any words of wisdom in man spamassassin or man
Mail::SpamAssassin:Conf.

I do show the following in the headers:

tests=ALL_TRUSTED, AWL, FM_MULTI_ODD2, FVGT_m_MULTI_ODD2, NO_REAL_NAME
X-Spam-Level

so I know it's at least minimally working, was curious about this.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

BTW, I'm running SA 3.01, with amavisd-new and clamav, under postfix, on a
FreeBSD 5.3 beta7 box, for those who care...

Kurt Buff
Sr. Network Administrator
Zetron, Inc.
425.820.6363 x463
kbuff@zetron.com
PO Box 97004
Redmond, WA 98073

Re: gtube?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 07:43 PM 10/25/2004, Kurt Buff wrote:
>I ran a bare email through it, with just the text of the GTUBE string in it,
>and it doesn't seem to trip the system at all. I note in 20_body_tests.cf
>the following:
>
>body GTUBE              /"elided, to keep everyone's email from going
>bonkers..."/
>describe GTUBE          Generic Test for Unsolicited Bulk Email
>tflags GTUBE            userconf noautolearn

You can quote the rule.. it doesn't match due to the escape sequences
needed for perl parsing.:

body
GTUBE
/XJS\*C4JDBQADN1\.NSBN3\*2IDNEN\*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL\*C\.34X/

You need to drop all the \'s from that string to match.

There's also a top-bar link on the spamassassin website called GTUBE which
has the tag in un-escaped format.

http://spamassassin.apache.org/gtube/