Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Fady <fa...@legsem.com> on 2007/09/08 12:40:43 UTC

AccessControlException on 127.0.01 when using Mina in an Applet

Hello

Using Mina 1.1.2 from an Applet, trying to connect to a remote server
(192.168.0.6 port 1139) from which the Applet originates. I get the
following exception:

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:1025 connect,resolve)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSessionConfigImpl.initializeDefaultSocketParameters(SocketSessionConfigImpl.java:144)
	at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSessionConfigImpl.<clinit>(SocketSessionConfigImpl.java:77)
	... 15 more

As you can see the access is denied for address 0 port 1025 which is not the
IP address I am trying to connect to.

Looking into the SocketSessionConfigImpl code, it seems this is a
consequence of a series of attempts to connect locally in
initializeDefaultSocketParameters().

In Mina 1.1.0, there was no attempts to connect locally and my applet worked
fine.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue? Any workarounds?

Thanks for your help.

Fady

Re: AccessControlException on 127.0.01 when using Mina in an Applet

Posted by Fady <fa...@legsem.com>.
Hello Trustin,

Yes, your patch fixes the problem.

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/07, Fady <fa...@legsem.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Using Mina 1.1.2 from an Applet, trying to connect to a remote server
> (192.168.0.6 port 1139) from which the Applet originates. I get the
> following exception:
>
> Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> (java.net.SocketPermission [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]:1025 connect,resolve)
>         at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>         at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSessionConfigImpl.initializeDefaultSocketParameters(SocketSessionConfigImpl.java:144)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSessionConfigImpl.<clinit>(SocketSessionConfigImpl.java:77)
>         ... 15 more
>
> As you can see the access is denied for address 0 port 1025 which is not the
> IP address I am trying to connect to.
>
> Looking into the SocketSessionConfigImpl code, it seems this is a
> consequence of a series of attempts to connect locally in
> initializeDefaultSocketParameters().
>
> In Mina 1.1.0, there was no attempts to connect locally and my applet worked
> fine.
>
> Has anyone else run into a similar issue? Any workarounds?
>
> Thanks for your help.

The problem has been fixed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-437

Please confirm it's really fixed on your applet using the following JAR file:

http://tinyurl.com/3e5gdb

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/