Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Yeshwanth Jagini <ye...@yotabitesllc.com> on 2017/05/04 19:13:27 UTC

Unable to run Zeppelin Spark on YARN

Hi we are running cloudera CDH 5.9.1 .

while setting up zeppelin, i followed the documentation on website and
specified following options

export ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS="-Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.9.1"
    # Additional jvm options. for example, export
ZEPPELIN_JAVA_OPTS="-Dspark.executor.memory=8g -Dspark.cores.max=16"

export
SPARK_HOME="/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.1-1.cdh5.9.1.p0.4/lib/spark"
                       # (required) When it is defined, load it instead of
Zeppelin embedded Spark libraries
export SPARK_SUBMIT_OPTIONS="--master yarn --deploy-mode client"
        # (optional) extra options to pass to spark submit. eg)
"--driver-memory 512M --executor-memory 1G".
export SPARK_APP_NAME=Zeppelin                         # (optional) The
name of spark application.

export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/conf                         #
yarn-site.xml is located in configuration directory in HADOOP_CONF_DIR.

export ZEPPELIN_IMPERSONATE_CMD='sudo -H -u ${ZEPPELIN_IMPERSONATE_USER}
bash -c'       # Optional, when user want to run interpreter as end web
user. eg) 'sudo -H -u ${ZEPPELIN_IMPERSONATE_USER} bash -c '

when running spark notebook, spark-submit is running in local mode and i
cannot see the application in yarn resource manager.
is there any other configuration i am missing?

Thanks,
Yeshwanth Jagini

Re: Unable to run Zeppelin Spark on YARN

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

"--master yarn --deploy-mode client" will be overridden when create spark
context by SparkInterpreter In zeppelin. You have to set those values in
interpreter setting page

Regards,
Jongyoul

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Unable to run Zeppelin Spark on YARN

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.