Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/08/06 22:21:10 UTC

Axis2/C - Installing from source

Hello,

I'm having some trouble building from the Axis2/C source distribution on
Windows.  So, I've got a few questions.

1) It seems that I have to download the source for libxml2.  Do I also
have to download the source for libiconv, and zlib?
2) The instructions say to put zlib1.dll in the lib directory of libxml2,
but when I extract libxml2, there is no lib directory.  Should I just
create it?
3) The instructions for downloading the source for libxml2 also indicate
that something called libxml2-devel is required, but I don't see a Windows
distribution for this.  Does anyone know where to get it?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Re: Fwd: Axis2/C - Installing from source

Posted by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com>.
It built!  Thank you so much.

 - Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>
08/07/2007 03:41 AM
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List" <ax...@ws.apache.org>

Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Fwd: Axis2/C - Installing from source

> 1) It seems that I have to download the source for libxml2.  Do I also
> have to download the source for libiconv, and zlib?
As Nandika mentioned, you can download the binaries for libxml2,
libiconv and zlib. You do not need the sources of those.
> 2) The instructions say to put zlib1.dll in the lib directory of
> libxml2, but when I extract libxml2, there is no lib directory.
>  Should I just create it?
When you download the binary, you will have a lib folder.
> 3) The instructions for downloading the source for libxml2 also
> indicate that something called libxml2-devel is required, but I don't
> see a Windows distribution for this.  Does anyone know where to get it?
If you get the libxml2 binary, you do not have to worry about this.

HTH.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services
Developers' Portal)

Re: Fwd: Axis2/C - Installing from source

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

You can download libxml2 binary and other required binaries from here.
http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/

Thanks
Nandika