Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com> on 2002/05/01 01:20:15 UTC

data analyzer weirdness

Hi,

I've been having various problems with using the data analyzer on files.
First of all, the graph lines one would expect according to the legend are
never there, it's just one line, I'm assuming representing the average.
Second, sometimes it doesn't work period on results from the file reporter.
All I really need it for is min/max/avg times, so if someone knows why it
sometimes doesn't compute these, I'm all ears!!  :)

thanks,
Joe Barefoot

P.S.  Thanks to those who set me straight on the multiple login question,
particularly Mark Walsh for his handy User Parameter Modifier.

RE: data analyzer weirdness

Posted by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com>.
Oops, I meant "I'm good" as in "I'm fine/okay", not in the qualitative
sense.  Didn't want anyone thinkin' I'm some Java prima-donna or something.
:)

RE: data analyzer weirdness

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
I get that error quite frequently, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.  Are you
getting problems other than the stack trace being printed?  Is it having any affect
on your ability to record samples?

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

RE: data analyzer weirdness

Posted by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com>.
Hi Hemadri,

If you mean the source code to calculate these times, it's embarassingly
simple as I am taxed for time and wrote it in like 5 mins, but it's pasted
below.  Just put the source file in the same directory as your results file,
compile it with javac, and use like this:

java ComputeTimes <fileName>

The min, max, and average times will be printed out to the console.  Make
sure that verbose output for your File Reporter is turned OFF in JMeter, as
the code below is expecting one response time per line in the output file.
It also doesn't do any error-handling whatsoever. :)

peace,
Joe

import java.io.*;
import java.util.ArrayList;

public class ComputeTimes{

public static void main( String[] args){

try{
	String fileName	= args[0];
	File inputFile = new File(System.getProperty("user.dir"), fileName);
	BufferedReader reader =	new BufferedReader( new	InputStreamReader(new
FileInputStream(inputFile)) );

	String responseTime = reader.readLine();
	ArrayList timesList = new ArrayList();

	while( responseTime != null){
		timesList.add( new Integer(Integer.parseInt(responseTime)) );
		responseTime = reader.readLine();
	}

	int timesArray[] = new int[timesList.size()];

	for(int	i=0; i < timesList.size(); i++){
		timesArray[i] =	((Integer)timesList.get(i)).intValue();
	}

	int sum	= 0;
	int min	= timesArray[0];
	int max	= timesArray[0];

	for(int	i=0; i < timesArray.length; i++){
		if( timesArray[i] > max){
			max = timesArray[i];
		}
		if( timesArray[i] < min){
			min = timesArray[i];
		}
		sum += timesArray[i];
	}

	float avg = sum / timesArray.length;

	System.out.println("Num responses:  " + timesArray.length);
	System.out.println("Max time:	" + max);
	System.out.println("Min time:	" + min);
	System.out.println("Avg time:	" + avg);
}
catch(Exception	e){
e.printStackTrace();
}

}  // end main

} // end class

RE: data analyzer weirdness

Posted by Hemadri Dasari <da...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Joe,

RE: data analyzer weirdness

Posted by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com>.
I just wrote a quickie to give me the min/max/avg times from the file data
(so I'm good), but I'm still curious about the Data Analyzer--it only
appears to be useful for low volume testing.

peace,
joe

Well, it's kind of a relic and will soon go the way of the dinosaur.  I'm currently
working on code that will allow saving of test results, and then later reloading into
any of the visualizers.  Thus, you'll be able to use any of the standard visualizers to
see test results "offline".  I'm sorry it's not available yet, but hopefully soon!

-Mike