Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Linux Support <os...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 18:20:33 UTC

port 80

Hi again,

configured the TC service to run as a non privileged user. In my
understanding we cannot use a privileged port to bind TC to. Is there a way
i can use port 80 for TC in the case of using a non root user ?

cheers
osp

Re: port 80

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> Hi again,
>
> configured the TC service to run as a non privileged user. In my
> understanding we cannot use a privileged port to bind TC to. Is there a way
> i can use port 80 for TC in the case of using a non root user ?

http://tomcat.apache.org/  -> FAQ -> How To -> "How to run Tomcat
without root privileges?"

Re: port 80

Posted by George Sexton <ge...@mhsoftware.com>.
If you're running on a UNIX variant, use JSVC. The source is included in
the tomcat download in bin/commons-daemon/native.tar.gz.

--
George Sexton
*MH Software, Inc.*