Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/22 06:05:53 UTC

[VOTE] Promote iBATIS 2.1.7 to General Availability

Hi all,

I've released iBATIS 2.1.7 as an Apache Beta level distribution, and updated
the release process on the wiki to reflect why I didn't release this as
alpha.

Here's the front page announcement from the website:

iBATIS Java 2.1.7 - Maintenance Release - Last 1.3 Compatible Release!

(Jan 21, 2006) Well, as we said back in November, iBATIS will require JDK
1.4 as of the 2.2.0 release. We expect that this 2.1.7 release will be the
last JDK 1.3 compatible release that we make, unless a serious stability or
security flaw is found, in which case we'll deploy a fix from a branch of
the source. This release contains a number of minor bug fixes, an enhanced
entity resolver. 2.2.0 will be an interesting release with some new features
that we've been looking forward to.

Here's the change log:

------------------------------
 2.1.7 - Jan 21, 2006
------------------------------

 o Fixed IBATIS-218 'i' character in property names, with Turkish locale
 o Fixed IBATIS-219 NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/toplink/sessions/UnitOfWork
 o Fixed IBATIS-228 Exception is thrown by TransactionManager when multiple
commits are issued against a started transaction.
 o Fixed IBATIS-229 Method getWriteablePropertyNames in
com.ibatis.common.beans.ComplexBeanProbe gets the readable property names
 o Fixed IBATIS-220 Null Pointer in SqlExecutor.handleResults where
ResultSet is null.
 o Fixed IBATIS-213 SELECT statement returns unexpected result when
'groupBy' and 'nullValue' are specified in resultMaps.
 o Fixed IBATIS-221 Can't store a List in a Map
 o Fixed IBATIS-223 Thread deadlock due to CacheModel.flush()

Everyone: Check it out.
PMC members: please vote for GA.

Cheers,
Clinton