Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Marcos R. Cardoso" <mc...@furb.br> on 2005/09/13 16:08:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Memory leak on Windows 2003

Hi, here where I work we have the following configuration for our web
server:

Windows 2003
Apache 2.0.54
PHP 4.4.0
MySQL 4.0.20

This server also connects to a database server with Oracle 9i through a
Oracle 8i Client, otherwise the PHP wouldn't connect to the database
properly.

There is also a separated domain server (Windows 2003 Server) which
contains some folders used by the web server (these separated folders
are defined in the Alias/Directory section in the httpd.conf file).

Unfortunately we are experiencing some huge problems concerning memory
usage by the Apache child process: after 8 hours since the Apache
service has started, the child process has already allocated about 300
Mb from the server memory, being necessary a restart for this process
otherwise the service fails.

The solution I've found so far is to schedule restarts for the Apache
service every 8 hours, but I'd like to know if there is a proper
solution for this behaviour.

TIA,
Marcos R. Cardoso
Brazil

Re: [users@httpd] Memory leak on Windows 2003

Posted by "Marcos R. Cardoso" <mc...@furb.br>.
Ok, it seems that I've found the answer now. The real problem concerning
the leakage was related to the pictures' size.

We use here some PHP scripts which return photos from the students,
teachers and employees for identification at the university where I
work. Since these photos had a big size, we had to reduce all of them to
a size less than 10k so Apache wouldn't increase its size to a huge number.

So far everything has worked fine, and I think we've found the solution.

Thanks,
Marcos R. Cardoso
FURB - Biblioteca Central
Blumenau