Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Brown <Pa...@spirit-soft.com> on 2002/02/19 15:38:39 UTC

Newbie deployment problem

Hi

these are the steps i've done to deploy a servlet:

1. i've built my WAR (everythings in there, i checked)

2. shut down tomcat 4.0.1

3. deleted the dev tree webapps\messagelets and replaced it
with the messagelets.war

4. added a <context> to server.xml ...
<Context path="/simplepublisherexample" docBase="messagelets"
debug="0" reloadable="false"/>

5. started up tomcat

logging that my servlet does on init() is not seen

when i run Tomcat through JBuilder6 it all works and i see my
servlets init() logging

have i missed a step out?

should System.out logging in a servlet appear through the Tomcat
console (inside overloaded init() method)?

thanks
paul