Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Roger Misteli <ro...@abacus.ch> on 2004/10/08 10:30:00 UTC

Record size does not match serialized bytes ???

Hiyas,

when exporting a report to Excel using POI, I get this exception. It
doesn't occur on every report, so far its only one report. Does anyone
know what this means and what I can do to make it disappear?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Record size does not match
serialized bytes.  Serialized size = 80 but getRecordSize() returns 96
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Sheet.serialize(Sheet.java:819)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.getBytes(HSSFWorkbook.java:802)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.write(HSSFWorkbook.java:740)
	at ch.abacus.lib.phoenix.producer.xls.POIOutputProcessor.exit(POIOutputProcessor.java:55)
	at ch.abacus.lib.phoenix.producer.AbstractPagePrinter.exit(AbstractPagePrinter.java:63)

Thanks very much
Roger Misteli

Re: How to make sure a certain sheet is displayed in excel during opening the POI-Gen. file ?

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
ok found a patch for this in bugzilla.  if i dont commit this/research
this soon(TM) please remind me :)

Re: Record size does not match serialized bytes ???

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.
Even better :)

keep removing code until you reproduce it...or fire up your program in
debug mode and check out the variable that Sheet.serialize dies on.

Re[2]: Record size does not match serialized bytes ???

Posted by Roger Misteli <ro...@abacus.ch>.
How can I find out what record this could be?
I can reproduce it on one report always, but I don't know why. I will
try to create a special test case though. And I don't use any templates,
I create the XLS from scratch.

Thanks & regards
Roger Misteli

It was Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:26:36 -0400, a beautiful sunny day, until Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com> wrote this:

> it may be a special record...any idea which record?
>
> can you reproduce this in a simple spreadsheet?
>
> if so, send it up to bugzilla!
>
> are you generating the complete spreadsheet or using a template?
> perhaps it's not as "clean" as it can be.  regenerating the sheet from
> scratch can help at times.
>
> Roger Misteli wrote:
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > when exporting a report to Excel using POI, I get this exception. It
> > doesn't occur on every report, so far its only one report. Does anyone
> > know what this means and what I can do to make it disappear?
> >
> > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Record size does not match
> > serialized bytes.  Serialized size = 80 but getRecordSize() returns 96
> > 	at org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Sheet.serialize(Sheet.java:819)
> > 	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.getBytes(HSSFWorkbook.java:802)
> > 	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.write(HSSFWorkbook.java:740)
> > 	at ch.abacus.lib.phoenix.producer.xls.POIOutputProcessor.exit(POIOutputProcessor.java:55)
> > 	at ch.abacus.lib.phoenix.producer.AbstractPagePrinter.exit(AbstractPagePrinter.java:63)
> >

> > Thanks very much
> > Roger Misteli

/*

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.