Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jan Agermose <ja...@agermose.dk> on 2007/08/06 12:15:41 UTC

client: adding headers

Hi

Im turning back to Java for a small project where my client code has to talk to a webservice:

https://pay.onlinepayment.dk/Service/payservice.asmx?WSDL <https://owa.atlarge.net/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://pay.onlinepayment.dk/Service/payservice.asmx?WSDL>

my problem is with the Authorization and Input headers I need to add. Actually Im trying this using Netbeans 5.5 IDE that produces jax-ws code - not Axis. My problem here is that I can ofcause add a handler class that will add the two headers. The Authorization headers are static, so using a Handler is a lot of code, but of cause something I can do.
Now the Input headers might change for ever request - at lease its nothing I can know at compile time and using a handler class seams like a strange and complicated way to handle this problem?

if you know about std. jax-ws and fell like giving me some pointers, please do so :-)

The reason Im writing to the axis list is of cause to get an example of how this would be done in Axis. Could someone give an example of calling say the TransactionStatus method? That is setting the Authorization header (username and password) and then the Input header (OrderID) and getting the response?

OT: any pointers to a site, article something that compares the many different solutions to creating and calling WebServices?

Best regards
Jan