Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by pe...@tijd.com on 2004/05/14 17:06:57 UTC

links in turbine

Hi list,

Another problem.... , this time with links.
I use a symbolic link to my "resources" directory, for cvs/quanta use.
Before I used this symbolic link, my
$content.getURI("/resources/css/newapp.css")
and
$ui.image($ui.logo)
nicely resolved to: http://server.domain.com:8080/...

But since I've got the symbolic link for my resources, the $ui.image($ui.logo)
resolves to http://server:8080/....

Can I make sure this doesn't happen and more importantly how does this come?
Why doesn't the getURI call have the same problem?
I really would like to understand this better, because I just noticed that if
I surf to the page, _without_ the "resources" directory symbolically linked,
from a windows machine I have the same problem, this does not occur if I surf
to it from a linux machine.

peter

Re: links in turbine

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
peter.snauwaert@tijd.com writes:

>Another problem.... , this time with links.
>I use a symbolic link to my "resources" directory, for cvs/quanta use.
>Before I used this symbolic link, my
>$content.getURI("/resources/css/newapp.css")
>and
>$ui.image($ui.logo)
>nicely resolved to: http://server.domain.com:8080/...

>But since I've got the symbolic link for my resources, the $ui.image($ui.logo)
>resolves to http://server:8080/....

What container are you using?

Everything between the start of an URI and the path info parameters is derived
one way or another from the information given by the container. If your container
starts giving out short names, there is not much that Turbine can do.

You could use relative links, if this helps you. Simply put

tool.content.want.relative = true
tool.link.want.relative = true

in your TR.props

	Regards
		Henning

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                                    Open Source Software Development"