Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Georgios C. Kossionis" <gk...@micromuse.com> on 2004/03/15 11:25:23 UTC

Special Chars in Attributes

Hello All,

I will appreciate if anyone can help me with this please:

<card id="c1" title="Yahoo! Espa&#241;a">
</card>

This &#241; is the spanish 'n' character with the '~' on top of it and
completely valid to escape according to the standards. Xerces-J as soon
as it reaches this statement goes like this:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "card" must be followed by
either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
..
..
...well as you see it realy ends with /> and its problem is into the
&#241; escaped n spanish character.

Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204 I cannot see this
char being an exception to the rule. I am using 2.6.2 xerces. Apart from
removing this character can I do anything that will allow the parser to
parse this line?

Best Regards and thank you in advance,

Georgios.