Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/10/04 15:22:53 UTC

getFileBlockLocations

When I call getFileBlockLocations() on a DFS, will it return the blocks for currently-inactive nodes?
If so, how can I filter out the unavailable blocks?
Or more generally, how do I get the list of node status?  Is that ApplicationClientProtocol.getClusterNodes()?
Thanks,
John

Re: getFileBlockLocations

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.
If the node is dead, then its blocks are not included. If the node is
stale, its blocks are returned at the end of the array. That is, for a file
with 1 block replicated 3 times on D1, D2, D3 with D1 stale and D2 dead,
the list will be D3; D1.

Re: getFileBlockLocations

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.

Re: getFileBlockLocations