Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com> on 2018/08/15 17:49:35 UTC

How do we run pipeline using gradle?

When we run wordcount using maven, we pass "-P dataflow-runner" profile to
set the runner. What is the equivalent of this in gradle? In other words,
how can I run wordcount straight from my Beam repo code?

Re: How do we run pipeline using gradle?

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.
Huygaa,

Not sure about existing options for WordCount specifically, but nothing
stops us from having it. In SQL we have a couple of tasks to simplify
launching the examples:

https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/sql/build.gradle#L149

https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/sql/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/sql/example/BeamSqlPojoExample.java#L41

Something like this can be easily generalized and parametrized if we need
it.

Regards,
Anton

Posted by Robin Qiu <ro...@google.com>.