Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Gottschling, Danny" <Da...@Guardean.com> on 2012/06/15 16:33:28 UTC

Axis2 1.6.2 upgrade leads to 404 error on accessing https webservice

Hello,

If I upgrade my axis2 libraries in my client from version 1.5.6 to 1.6.2, then every call to an external 'https' web service results in the following error:
"org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 404 Error: Not Found."

This "issue" prevents me from simply upgrading my axis2 client to the latest version available.

Can anyone point me to the right direction what i'm missing?

Some more information:
- The stacktrace:
Transport error: 404 Error: Not Found
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 404 Error: Not Found
            at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.java:310)
            at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:194)
            at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:75)
            at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:404)
            at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:231)
            at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:443)
            at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:406)
            at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
            at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
            at de.dago.MyStub.search(MyStub.java:5813)

- Even with axis2 1.6.1 this issue arises. I do not change any sources. I only upgrade/change all the axis2 libs.
- With the terms 'axis2 libs', I meant the libraries located in the axis2 1.6.2 folder 'lib' from the binary distributable.
- This external webservice is reachable only via https and does not require a dedicated certificate on the client side.
Unfortunally this webservice is not under my control. Thus i cannot provide any further information about the server side implementation.
- The WSDL uses SOAP 1.2.
- I'm using the wsdl2java ant task to generate the client stub in combination with JAXB as databinding framework.
- Java version used: jdk1.5.0_22

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Danny