Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by vivek gupta <vi...@wipro.com> on 2002/06/21 14:51:19 UTC

OutOfMemoryError for AsyncAppender

hi all,
   I have a problem in using AsyncAppender. Whenever I uses
RollingFileAppender which extends from FileAppender while inturn extends
from WriteAppender which extends from AsyncAppender, a large number of
threads are created and finally I got out of Memory Exception. My
properties file is as follows:
log4j.category.debug.com.XYZ=DEBUG, debugProcessLog
log4j.additivity.debug.com.XYZ=false
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog=com.XYZ.logger.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.File=c:/usr/log/process_debug.log
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.maxFileSize=1000
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.maxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.BufferSize=1000
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.Append=true
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.debugProcessLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} : %-5p
: %m%n

Please help me out as early as possible.

Regards
Vivek

RE: OutOfMemoryError for AsyncAppender

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
WriterAppender and AsyncAppender both extends AppenderSkeleton, but are
otherwise unrelated. AsyncAppender can't be configured via
PropertyConfigurator. Your thread problem must stem from something else,
because no AsyncAppender will be created in your app unless you configure
its use via DOMConfigurator or instantiate it yourself.

--

Thomas

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this email should be treated in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.