Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/10/31 21:49:56 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Xalan drops support to run on JRE 1.1.x starting with Xalan 2.7.1

On October 16, 2006 I sent a note to the mailing lists
xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org and xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
asking if there was anyone who wishes Apache Xalan to continue
supporting the Java runtime environment 1.1.x.

There was no reply to that note, so I requesting a vote
from the PMC members on October 27, 2006, who are the people who have
binding
votes, but also from the public (non-binding votes).

The motion that Apache Xalan drop support for JRE 1.1.x starting with
release 2.7.1 has passed, it needed 75% +1 from the PMC.
The binding votes by our PMC members were:
   Arun Yadav (no vote)
+1 Brian Minchau
+1 Christine Li
+1 Dmitry Hayes
+1 Henry Zongaro
+1 John Gentilin
+1 Ramesh Mandava
+1 Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

The non-binding votes from the public were (sorry if I missed your vote):
+1 Dave Brosius
+1 David Johnson
+1 Mukul Gandhi
+1 Robert Houben