Posted to general@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <kr...@apache.org> on 2012/02/03 20:41:11 UTC

Re: Apache DB subproject proposal: JDBM [2]

On 19.01.2012 20:06, Jan Kotek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> JDBM is key value embedded java database. It provides java collections
> backed-up by disk storage. JDBM is also very fast (million inserts per
> second).  It also has instance cache, transactions and other goodies.
> More details at [1].
>
> I would like to restart 3 years old discussion [2]  about making it
> ApacheDB subproject.

Hi Jan,

The Apache DB PMC is unable to act as the Sponsor and/or Champion at
this time, and there are concerns regarding the community aspect of the
proposed project. In any case, all new projects must go through the
Incubator - there are no exceptions to this rule.

It looks a bit daunting, but [1] contains important information.
To move the effort forward, you need to find a Champion for the proposed
project. If you don't know how to go on about that, I suggest you
contact the Incubator at  [2] -  they should be able to ask the right
questions and provide the guidance needed. You may find what you need to
know in the archives [3].

Kristian Waagan, on behalf of the Apache DB PMC

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
[2] general (at) incubator dot apache dot org
[3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/ , or
something like http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.general
for searching