Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/12/04 16:19:45 UTC

XML-RPC FESI extensions

Hi,

I am a contributor to the Apache XML-RPC project at
http://xml.apache.org/xmlrpc .  Our project has grown from the Helma
XML-RPC library, which included a FESI extension.  Here is an excerpt
from the javadoc:

An extension to transparently call and serve XML-RPC from the <a
href=http://home.worldcom.ch/jmlugrin/fesi/>FESI EcmaScript</a> interpreter.
The extension adds constructors for XML-RPC clients and servers to the
Global Object.

I found a link on your links page (
http://home.worldcom.ch/~jmlugrin/fesi/links.html ) to the old Helma
library, but no mention of our codebase.  Also, the latest change to
FESI was on July 29, 2000 according to your web page.

My question is whether you use or are interested in the FESI extensions
to XML-RPC.  We are currently polling our users to see if there is any
interest, and are considering deprecating and eventually removing the
FESI extensions.  Also, what is the status of FESI itself?  Is it still
maintained and supported?  Is there a new web site?

Please reply to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org.

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks
http://www.isisnetworks.net