Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/11 03:54:54 UTC

Problem Loading arduino_boot

Ji All ,
I am trying to blink my arduino zero pr board.

when I run the command newt load arduino_boot
I get an error saying that  unable to open CMSIS-DAP device , unable
to init CMSIS-DAP driver and Error selecting 'cmsis-dap' as transport.

I do not know what to do, please can someone help me???
thanks
--
"A Goal is a Dream with a Plan and a Dateline"
Do On to Others what you will like them to do on to you.'The Golden Rule'

Re: Problem Loading arduino_boot

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
FYI: Troubleshooting the cable issue with Nges on IRC. Will return to dev@ list if we find any issue with Mynewt.

thanks,
aditi

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Please which USB cable Am I suppose to use to connect the Board to my
Computer???
Type A or Type B???
I have two  type Bs but they seem not to be working.
Thanks

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
Hi Nges,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
The USB I am using is of type B.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
Hi Nges,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
the problem now is the system is demanding for cmiss-dap(the debugging
tool) .I have looked for how to install it yet I got no output.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
/tproj$ newt load arduino_boot
Downloading /home/nges/tproj/bin/arduino_boot/apps/boot/boot.elf.bin
to 0x00000000
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-04-13-01:42)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
	http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Error: The specified debug interface was not found (cmsis-dap)
The following debug interfaces are available:

Error: exit status 1

load - Load app image to target for <target-name>.

Usage:
  newt load [flags]

Examples:
  newt load <target-name>

Global Flags:
  -l, --loglevel string   Log level, defaults to WARN. (default "WARN")
  -o, --outfile string    Filename to tee log output to
  -q, --quiet             Be quiet; only display error output.
  -s, --silent            Be silent; don't output anything.
  -v, --verbose           Enable verbose output when executing commands.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 11:53:53PM +0100, Nges B wrote:
> Please how do I check the version of my openocd??
> my system says I have the latest version.
> thanks

Try:
    openocd -v

Chris

Re: Problem Loading arduino_boot

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
nges@nges-Latitude-E6410:~$ cd tproj/
nges@nges-Latitude-E6410:~/tproj$ newt load arduino_boot
Downloading /home/nges/tproj/bin/arduino_boot/apps/boot/boot.elf.bin
to 0x00000000
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0 (2014-10-25-15:24)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
	http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'cmsis-dap'
Info : CMSIS-DAP: SWD  Supported
Info : CMSIS-DAP: JTAG Supported
Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface Initialised (SWD)
adapter speed: 500 kHz
adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
Info : CMSIS-DAP: FW Version = 01.1F.0118
Info : SWCLK/TCK = 1 SWDIO/TMS = 1 TDI = 1 TDO = 1 nTRST = 0 nRESET = 1
Info : DAP_SWJ Sequence (reset: 50+ '1' followed by 0)
Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface ready
Info : clock speed 500 kHz
Info : IDCODE 0x0bc11477
Info : at91samd21g18.cpu: hardware has 4 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints
target state: halted
target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
xPSR: 0x81000000 pc: 0x000028f4 msp: 0x20002c00
at91samd bootloader 0: command requires more arguments
in procedure 'at91samd'

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "paul@wrada.com" <pa...@wrada.com>.
Nges,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
Hi Nges,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
Hi Nges,

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
Without the Board

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0a5c:5801 Broadcom Corp. BCM5880 Secure
Applications Processor with fingerprint swipe sensor
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 413c:8187 Dell Computer Corp. DW375 Bluetooth Module
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 413c:8184 Dell Computer Corp. F3607gw v2 Mobile
Broadband Module
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 04b3:3107 IBM Corp. ThinkPad 800dpi Optical Travel Mouse
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05ca:1814 Ricoh Co., Ltd HD Webcam
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

with the board

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
there are two ports on the board; the programming and the .
The tutorial says I should use the programming . Which I did.
It also says that when you connect, a small green light will come on
which shows that there is power in the board. that is happening. But I
see another small orange light blinking . Neither the tutorials no the
Arduino Manual says anything about this orange light

When I want to load the board with the OS, I then get the error above.

When I check the connected devices that I am having on my system, the
Board is not one of them.

I do not know what the problem might be,
I have tried with all the ports in my system yet I get no positive
outcome. I do not know what the problem might be.
I need help thanks.

Posted by "paul@wrada.com" <pa...@wrada.com>.

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.